Data loss is a common problem in today’s digital world. To retrieve data in android mobile phones or tablets data recovery apps are needed. Remember there is no “Recycle Bin” option available in mobile phones. And if a picture, video or other data file is lost, the user will need an android data recovery app to restore his precious data.
As you are looking for the best android recovery app, let’s find answers to some basic questions regarding android data recovery.
Where do deleted files go in android?
File management system of android saves data on internal storage (hard disk) or external storage (SD card) of the device. When a file is deleted from the device, the system marks this space on hard drive or SD card as “empty”. But, the fact is data of this deleted file still remains on the storage device until this space is overwritten. Recovery of the deleted files is still possible until the space of deleted files is rewritten.
There is a “Recently deleted” option available in mobile phones. Deleted photos and videos remain there for sixty days. A user can undelete or restore photos during this period. But this option is only valid for deleted pictures, images and some video files.
How can I recover my data with android recovery app?
As we know there is no recycle bin option in android. When a file is deleted in android device, it’s space is marked empty but this file can still be retrieved. To recover a deleted file in android devices different recovery apps are used. An android recovery app digs deep into the internal and external memory of the device and recovers deleted data.
There are mainly three steps to recover deleted data with android app.
- Download the app or connect the device to PC
- Scan and preview the deleted files.
- Select and retrieve the data.
Operational procedures of different apps are different, but the core functions are same. As an android app scans the whole storage and provides file preview before retrieving the data. After preview the user can select and restore deleted data of his choice.
There is an important aspect a user must act upon after losing his mobile data. Use of mobile like taking pictures, sending messages or downloading anything can generate new data. This newly generated data can overwrite the deleted data and can cause permanent loss of deleted data. Turning off data connection and not using the android device is recommended until recovery of the deleted data.
Major Reasons of Data Loss
Major reasons of data loss are as under.
- Accidental deletion: Files are deleted accidentally while operating the device.
- Hard ware Issues: There may occur physical damages to the device. Broken, chewed or chipped components of the device may cause data loss.
- Software Issues: A virus attack or some other software issue can cause data loss in android device.
- Liquid Spill: Tea, coffee, water, juice or some other liquid if spilt on the device can cause data loss.
- Improper Ejection of SD card: if the external storage devices are not properly ejected or removed the data may be deleted not only from these external storages but also from internal memory. Similarly if a corrupt SD card is inserted into the device, this can cause loss of data.
- Malfunctioning of System Files: This is another significant reason of data loss in android devices.
- Factory Reset: All saved data is lost after using this option of an android device.
- Rooting Error: Data may be lost while rooting the device.
There are some other reasons like forgotten password, ROM flashing or Black Screen which cause data loss. Apart from these, natural disasters like fire, floods, and earthquakes can also result in loss of precious data.
Best Data Recovery App for Android 2021
There are some features that make a data recovery app the best. The first one is the performance of the app that how many file types are supported by the app. Ability to recover from internal as well as from external storage devices counts. Another is the scanning and preview feature. How deep an app scans the deleted files and presents a preview of these files matter. Quality and speed of recovery are also major aspects. The app must be compatible to the device. A user-friendly interface makes the app more valuable.
Apart from these major aspects, android data recovery app must be able to recover data in all data loss scenarios. The app must be able to retrieve data safely and securely. When going for a data recovery app the user must check the reviews about the app and always avail a certified version of the app to avoid problems in data recovery.
No android data recovery app is perfect. Any data recovery app works well until the storage device is not overwritten or compromised. There are pretty good chances of recovery of deleted files if the storage device is not rewritten.
Given below is a preview of some widely used and reliable android data recovery apps. The idea is to provide an overview picture of these apps. So that, a user can select the best data recovery app for his android device.
- EaseUs Mobi Saver
- Dr Fone
- Recycle Master
- Photo Recovery-Restore Photos
EaseUs Mobi Saver
It is an android file recovery app.It is simple and has an interactive interface. The app can recover data in all types of data loss scenarios. It may be accidental deletion, virus attack, rooting or any other issue. It can recover data from internal memory and external storage devices (SD cards). A user can recover images, videos, files, documents, contacts, notes, and WhatsApp data. Hence, a user can perform android data recovery without root.
It is data recovery app for android apk. It supports a wide range of android phones and tablets. These include Samsung, Huawei, Vivo, LG and other devices. It is secure and provides free technical support. It exports files in multiple file formats.
This is an easy to use app. It has simple 3 step process of data recovery for android system. It has fast scanning speed and provides preview of the deleted data. This app enables a user to backup data and recovery of messages & call logs. It is the best app for recovering deleted text messages.
It is free of cost. It requires a minimum android 4.0 to proceed.
- Deep scanning of internal and external memory.
- Easy to use and interactive interface.
- Supports wide range of android phones and tablets.
- Customer service and technical support.
- Data recovery in all types of data loss issues.
- File preview before recovery.
- Cannot recover games, applications and corresponding data.
- Cannot scan individual files, requires scanning of whole media.
- Cannot recover downloaded themes.
- Limited file preview.
Dr. Fone Data Recovery App
This data recovery app for android apk is rated high in industry to recover deleted files. It can recover photos, videos, messages, notes, and many more data. This app recovers photos and videos from internal and external memory, thumbnails and cache memory. Recovery from cache does not require rooting of mobile. Thus, a user can perform android data recovery without rooting. Recovery of some photo formats like PNG, JPG, GIF and video formats like MP4, 3GP, MPG and others, requires rooting of the device.
Deep recovery option supports recovery of data in all data loss issues. A user can scan and recover wide range of file types of photos, videos, contacts, call logs and whatsapp data. A user can save recovered contacts as csv file. But, for all this deep recovery a user has to connect his android device with PC. This app easily transfers files between device and PC without any wire. But, the device and the PC must be under same Wi-Fi.
Recycle bin feature enables a user to have backup of his data. A user can save his data in recycle bin of this app. After data loss, the user will be able to restore his data at any time. A user can customize retention period of recycle bin. It also has the auto-clean option. A user can set the cleanup to clear useless files at convenient times.
This app has some more features like root, clone and backup. But, these features require the connection of the device with PC.
- Recovery of a wide range of file types.
- Recovery of data from internal, external memory, cache and thumbnails.
- Reliable and secure data recovery.
- Intuitive and user friendly interface.
- Deep scan option to provide wide range of data recovery.
- App allows recovery of nominal file types. For multiple file types recovery, a user has to connect the device with PC.
- Free feature allows recovery of some files. For more files, a user has to pay for recovery.
- Recovery is slow and time taking.
- Some issues in creating backup and rooting features.
Dumpster is an app to recover deleted files, contacts and images on an android phone. It basically provides a Recycle Bin feature. Through this feature, a user can easily restore deleted files of the android device. This app provides facility of android data recovery without rooting.
This android recovery apk app saves images, videos, files, previous app versions, documents and other data, so that a user can easily restore them later. Restoration or android data recovery without root is simple and fast. A user just has to go in the recycle bin of the app and click on the deleted data of his choice. The selected data will appear back on the device.
This data recovery app for android apk also provides the feature of cloud. A user can store data in cloud and save valuable storage space of the device. This also offers lock screen abilities and an ad-free experience.
This app is free of cost. This free android data recovery no root app provides android users a secure device backup. This backup facility requires a nominal fee.
- Retrieval of deleted files, photos, videos and documents is fast and secure.
- Auto clean facility is available.
- Cloud storage facility.
- Premium backup option.
- Lock screen feature.
- Supports more than 14 languages.
- Some issues in recovering accidentally deleted photos.
- Free trial not appropriate.
- Backup facility also saves the permanently deleted unnecessary files.
- Issues in data recovery from SD cards.
This android recovery app is also known as Recycle Bin for android. It recovers photos, videos, audios, documents and other types of files. It recovers data from both internal and external storage devices. It recovers data in accidental loss, software corruption, mishandling of phone and other data loss scenarios. The user does not need to root his device. This app performs android data recovery without rooting.
This android data recovery apk app also provides the feature of recycle bin as in PC. A user can store his precious data in recycle bin of this app. If the saved data is lost due to any reason, then the lost data can be restored at any time through this app.
Besides recycle bin, other main features of this data recovery app for android apk are deep scan, password, auto clean and files dumpster. Already deleted files can be scanned through deep scan feature. The app provides the facility to lock the app with a password. Auto clean option clears useless files stored in recycle bin after a certain period. And, a file dumpster feature provides option to put all important data that a user doesn’t need currently. After data loss, a user can view this data directly in this dumpster or retrieve data at the time of his choice.
- Backup, data can be shared to this app and restored after being lost.
- Deep scan and fast recovery.
- Password to maintain privacy of data.
- View and retrieve data in the file dumpster feature.
- No option of selective data recovery.
- Issues in saving files.
- Sharing of data with this app may be risky.
- No free trial and recovery not possible without subscription.
- Performance of even premium version is not satisfactory.
Disk digger is an android data recovery app. It is highly useful in recovering deleted photos, images and videos. Photos and videos can be recovered from internal and external memory. Its powerful recovery features can recover pictures in all data loss scenarios. Rooting of the device is not necessary.
Recovered files can be uploaded directly to Google Drive, or Dropbox. The user can also send these files via email. The app also allows a user to save these files on a different folder of his device. If the device is not rooted the app will perform limited scan. If the device is rooted the app will search whole memory for any trace of photos and videos. After scanning, the user can “Clean up” or use “Wipe free space” option to permanently delete the useless files of photos and videos.
Did you notice that we only discussed the recovery of photos and videos in above discussion? For recovery of other data like documents, notes or music files there is a Pro version. Pro version also recovers high resolution photos and videos from the cache, thumbnails, internal and external memory. Minimum requirement of this app is android 4.0
- Recovers data from cache, thumbnails, internal and external memory.
- Recovers data in all data loss scenarios.
- Thorough scan facility for rooted devices.
- Pro version recovers high resolution photos.
- Clean up or “Wipe free space” option to permanently delete unnecessary files.
- Highly effective for photo recovery if the device is not rooted.
- Issues in scanning and recovery of photos.
- No option for particular scanning, the app will scan the whole storage device.
- File formats that are not supported will not be displayed.
- Rooting a device is a risky endeavour. To avail better features of this app, a user needs the device to be rooted.
Photo Recovery-Restore Photos
This android recovery apk app is high rated for recovery of lost photos and images. This app also recovers hidden photos of the android device. The recovery of photos and images does not require rooting of the device.
This android recovery app has the feature of advanced scanning of the storage device. This app also provides preview of lost photos before recovery. Another important feature is 2 difference recovery algorithms. The user can also upload and transfer the files. These features make it best recovery app for android without root.
The app is free and available on Google play. This app requires a minimum of android 5.0 operating system to function.
- Recovers pictures in all data loss issues.
- User friendly application.
- Rooting of the device is not required.
- Powerful photo recovery features and amazing add up features.
- Recovers only photos and images.
- Even premium users have to watch adds.
- Some problems in deep browsing and quality of restored photos.
How can I recover permanently deleted files from android phone?
As a deleted file is not permanently deleted until it is overwritten from the storage device of a mobile. Hence, a user can easily retrieve deleted files from his mobile through an app or data recovery software. If a file is deleted and its space is overwritten, it is impossible to retrieve this file.
How can I get my deleted text messages back?
A user can restore his deleted messages from backup. If the backup is not available, use of data recovery app can easily recover his deleted messages. By using data recovery app, scan for deleted text messages then select and recover the messages.
Is android data recovery app safe?
Safety of android data recovery depends on the tool which a user intends to use. If he uses safe android data recovery app than there will be no worry. Mostly data recovery apps are safe to use. Their powerful features of scanning and recovering data make them reliable and safe for users.
Data loss is a common problem of today’s digital world. But, wise is to take preemptive measures and avoid this kind of problems. The most effective measure is to create an effective and comprehensive backup. Google drive, Google photos, Cloud and other such applications are the best available source of backup of precious data. Another procedure of creating a backup is an option “Backup” available in settings of an android device. By enabling this option, a user can have a backup of data in hid android device.
Every android recovery app is good at some features. Although they offer solution to every data loss problem but they are only good in certain scenarios. Important for the user is to opt for that app which is best suitable for its android device according to the given data loss situation.
These android data recovery apps offer recovery of limited file types and nominal scanning options. For deep scanning of the device and quality recovery of deleted data, the user has to attach his device to PC. So, it is recommended to use data recovery software for better recovery of android data.
Similarly, these apps offer only quick scanning and support limited file types if the device is not rooted. Rooting a device itself is a complex and risky procedure. There is always a risk of losing data while rooting a device.
Although data recovery apps are easy to use and have user-friendly interface, but still they are so much complex for an ordinary user. So, for better quality and complete recovery of deleted data it is recommended to consult professional data recovery services.